Arthur Gregory Pugh is the trifecta. He is an actor that has been endowed with enormous talent, professionalism and a willingness to go deep to bring the needs and emotions of the character to life. There is a sense of awe in seeing an actor give up his body to allow the character to step in. Arthur gives his all and personifies what Floyd “Money” Mayweather describes as the keys to success – hard work and dedication. For me Arthur Gregory Pugh has been my anchor, the rock that grounds a production that deals with controversial topics in an unorthodox way. It can be hard to portray a character that is flawed and may come off as unlikable, but Arthur gives Zeke Brown a soul.
FAMERS I asked Arthur 15 questions to introduce you to the man that plays Zeke Brown in Slow Bullet, My Three Loves. Arthur is a chill dude that makes Zeke’s blemishes a little less imperfect, but you don’t have to take my word…come see for yourself.
1. What intrigued you about Slow Bullet, My Three Loves and your character in particular?
Rhea’s choosing to make this decision and her revelations along the way intrigued me about the play. As for my role, as someone who has always played a cop or a soldier, even though Zeke has a sternness about him, having a relationship his daughter is special to me.
2. If you could impart any words of advice to your character, what would you say?
No matter if you believe you are doing what’s best for you and those you love, they won’t believe it unless they hear it.
3. Which actors/actresses influence you the most?
Delroy Lindo, Idris Elba
4. If you could play any role, who would it be?
I am going to be Othello one day. I would also like to play a lawyer of a landmark case.
5. What is your favorite movie? What is your favorite play?
Movie: Ray / Play: A Soldier’s Play
6. Who is your superhero alter ego and why?
I am Spiderman. As an actor I understand the great power I possess and the great responsibility to always be on point.
7. What would your theme song be?
Follow The Leader – Eric B. & Rakim
8. If you were exiled to an island, what three items would you take with you?
My MP3 player, a Sudoku puzzle book, comfortable shoes.
9. What is your favorite season and why?
Fall. Not too hot, not too cold… and there’s football on TV.
10. What is your favorite accessory?
That MP3 player, gotta have my tunes.
11. If we lived in a clothes optional society, would you choose to wear clothes or go naked?
Clothes. Nudity should be for intimacy.
12. What is your guilty pleasure?
Mom’s coconut custard pie.
13. What is your favorite dish?
Dad’s chopped barbecue.
14. If your friends and family could sum you up in one word, what would it be?
15. What are you most proud of?
My daughter’s accomplishments.